Hockey: Rochdale Ladies 1 - 2 Stockport Stockport Bramhall
Date published: 09 October 2017
Ladies Player of the match Roisin Pickering
Rochdale Ladies, still looking for their first points of the season, suffered a bitter blow courtesy of a last minute Stockport Bramhall Ladies winning goal at Oulder Hill on Saturday.
Both teams started brightly and chances came at both ends.
Rochdale took an early lead after a well worked attack down the right-hand side. The ball fell to Roisin Pickering and, from a tight angle, she struck the ball cleanly into the back of the net.
Stockport pulled a goal back and both teams went in to the break all level.
The second half was much of the same, and the fans were treated to a second half cameo role from semi-retired Jenny Banks.
With only a minute left on the clock Stockport dealt a killer blow with a wining goal that keeps Rochdale anchored to the bottom of the table.
The player-of-the-match went to Roisin Pickering.
Captain Kie Leech said: "It is always disappointing to lose, but this felt particularly hard. It is early days yet, but each week seems to be the same. We are putting 100% effort in, but just not getting the rub of the green. If we continue in the way we are, training hard, things will change for us, sooner rather than later.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Be aware of men in a transit van going door-to-door selling fish
- 2One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 3Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school
- 4For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves
- 5Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds