Judo: Izzy Haigh and James Oldham win gold
Date published: 08 November 2017
Judo Jackson brought home a haul of medals
Izzy Haigh and James Oldham, Judokas from Judo Jackson, won gold at the North West Area Green Belt and Under Championships on Saturday (4 November).
Haigh won all of her fights to bring home gold, becoming competition champion in her weight category.
Oldham, in his first ever competition, also achieved gold to become champion of his weight category, and also going on to win bronze in a higher grade, totalling 10 fights.
Connor Davies won silver.
Ellis Perrin, in his first ever competition, won bronze.
Daniel Travis won bronze.
A club spokesperson sad: "They all performed excellently with each of them bringing home a medal.
"All at Judo Jackson are immensely proud of each and everyone of them."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Be aware of men in a transit van going door-to-door selling fish
- 2One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 3Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school
- 4For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves
- 5Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds