Hockey: Rochdale Men’s Firsts 6 - 4 Formby Men’s Seconds
Date published: 21 November 2017
Barry Gumbley, Rochdale Men’s Hockey Firsts 6 v 4 Formby Men’s Seconds
Rochdale flew out of the traps and raced to a three-goal lead in beating Formby.
After the flying start, Rochdale became complacent and Formby pulled all three goals back and drawing level.
Rochdale had Mark Vynne carded for verbal abuse and lost Richard Borrit and Mark Eden who were both sent off for heavy tackles on the Formby midfield.
Rochdale upped the gears again and went on to score a further three goals to Formby's one winning the match 6-4.
Barry Gumbley was unplayable at times and caused the Formby defence problems throughout the game, completing his hat-trick.
Rochdale's other goal scorers were Michael Waddicor and two for Richard Borrit.
Captain Michael Waddicor said: "At times we played fantastic today and Barry Gumbley's hat-trick display won him the Oulder Hill Sports Complex man-of-the-match."
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 3Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child
- 4Graduate with first-class degree returns to teach at former primary school
- 5Arrests at Rochdale caravan park