Cricket: Norden sign Jake Sandham
Date published: 22 November 2017
23-year-old Jake Sandham has signed to Norden Cricket Club
Norden Cricket Club has signed all-rounder Jake Sandham for 2018 in his first professional engagement.
Sandham, 23, has been one of the leading players with Monton and Weaste, both in the Central Lancashire League and Pennine League. The fast opening bowler and top order batsman has also played for Cumberland and Lancashire seconds.
Chairman of Norden Cricket Club, Dexter Fitton, said: “We are delighted to secure the services of Jake.
“Overseas options are becoming more and more restricted due to the amount and variation of matches now being played throughout the world, so we thought it was time to invest in a local talent.
“Jake is the most talented all-rounder I have seen in recent seasons. He will provide a spearhead to our attack and add strength to the batting. We now have a bunch of talented young blokes and a few wise old heads, which should provide a good blend for our first season in the Lancashire League.
“After seeing him at close quarters when he played for the Inter League team, I look forward to him fitting in well with our already-strong squad.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 2"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child