Football: Hopwood Hall College 8 - 0 Bolton Sixth Form
Date published: 01 December 2017
Jacob Frost scored four in the Hopwood Hall victory over Bolton Sixth Form
Four goals from Jacob Frost helped seal victory for Hopwood Hall against Bolton Sixth Form in freezing conditions to keep them in touch with the top of the Men's Category 2A Premier League.
Hopwood got off to a superb start, with Frost scoring twice in the opening ten minutes.
Dominic Bevan added a third, turning his man and striking from just outside the box.
Adam Knott was at the centre of Hopwood’s good work; his clever pass set up Frost for his third.
Saul Withers added a fifth before half time with an excellent strike from 20 yards out.
Hopwood added a further three goals in the second half, the first of which saw new boy Amadou Doumouya pick out Bevan for his second of the game.
Frost scored his fourth before Doumouya scored the final goal of the game.
Rob Johnson, Hopwood manager, said: “I am really happy with the result. We have had a few games where we became complacent after taking the lead and it has come back to bite us. Thankfully there was none of that today.
“Bolton were really resolute in the second half, but crucially we continued to play positive, attractive football and kept a clean sheet - which is exactly what we want.”
The result leaves Hopwood Hall six points off of top placed Coleg Menai, Bangor with a game in hand.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1One of Rochdale’s oldest family businesses to move after almost 60 years
- 2Schoolboy faces daily 12-mile round trip on four buses to attend high school
- 3For years dismissed as 'laziness', but now cruel disease is finally getting attention it deserves
- 4Be aware of men in a transit van going door-to-door selling fish
- 5Arrests following anti-social behaviour linked to stolen mopeds