Declan Sheridan chosen for 2018 Commonwealth Nines Championships in Australia
Date published: 05 December 2017
Declan Sheridan, pictured during Mayfield's victory over West Hull in September
Mayfield’s Declan Sheridan will be heading down under next year after securing a spot on the Commonwealth Nines Championships team.
The team, made up of U23 rugby league players, will represent England at the Championships which take place in Australia in February.
Joining England and hosts Australia will be the 2014 champions Papua New Guinea.
Playing alongside them in the men’s competition will be Scotland, Fiji, Samoa, Wales, and Tonga.
A representative for Mayfield said: “The club is pleased that Dec Sheridan has been picked to represent England in the Commonwealth Games Nines.
“We wish him all the best in his trip.”
The Commonwealth Nines Championships are endorsed by the Commonwealth Games Federation, and will take place in February at Moreton Bay in Queensland.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Councillors received almost three quarters of a million in allowances
- 2Tony Lloyd demands meeting on future of Marks and Spencer in Rochdale
- 3PC Gareth Roscoe final written warning for gross misconduct
- 4Aggresive beggars should be fined, says Councillor John Blundell
- 5Letter: How can we take Tony Lloyd seriously as our MP?