Rochdale Strollers division title winners
Date published: 07 December 2017
Rochdale Strollers, have been crowned winners of the Greater Manchester Walking Football League Division One.
The Strollers played their final matches of the season on Friday at Heywood Sports Village, and secured the division title by a six-point margin having won seven and drawn eight of their 16 matches.
Steve Colesby, who is captain of the Rochdale Strollers and vice chairman of Rochdale Walking Football Club, says it is the involvement for those that play which is the main positive.
He added: “Walking football brings a lot of joy to those who played football when they were younger, but then suddenly thought they could never play again.
“With walking football now they can play again, and it is also fantastic to enjoy the social aspect of meeting new friends and feeling part of a strong community.
“Everybody who is involved is over the moon, and being associated with Rochdale Football Club is a huge privilege.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Two women arrested after car collides with railings outside Hopwood Hall College
- 2New labour ward bereavement centre opens at The Royal Oldham Hospital
- 3Council tax to increase by a whopping 5.58%
- 4Local taxi driver’s car windows repeatedly smashed over the last month
- 5Police appeal after fatal collision at St Mary's Gate