Sailing: Season opener at Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club
Date published: 08 March 2018
Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club House
Five enthusiastic sailors from Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club opened the season at the Lake on Sunday.
After clearing the slipway of ice accumulated during the week, there was a pleasant breeze suitable for racing. Indeed the wind sometimes shifted and softened in strength.
Chris Massey in a RS300 took the first win though the day's best results were by Adam McGovern and Ellie Davies in a GP14, winning the second race and being second in the other two races.
Club Commodore Andy Carter, an expert in a Topper, took the third race.
Tom Daniel in a Solo had to be the back-marking challenger.
Graham Knox, Hollingworth Lake Sailing Club said: “With the improving weather, there will be more boats on the water soon.”
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Tram services along the Rochdale via Oldham line suspended after windows smashed
- 2Town Centre Public Space Protection Order to be implemented at end of June
- 3Manchester Airport confirms charges for dropping-off
- 4Motorcyclist suffers possible life-changing injuries following collision
- 5Wardleworth youngsters make a record-breaking difference