Beech House School win six categories in art competition
Date published: 03 November 2017
Beech House School
Beech House School were the most successful school in the Independent Schools Association National Art Competition North of England finals, winning in six categories.
There were also four second places and three third places.
The successful pupils were:
- Art 2D Individual – EYFS - Arabella Hay& Ibrahim Hussain - Second
- Art 2D Individual – KS3 – Elana El-Hage – First & Third
- Art 3D Individual – KS3 – Nicole Healey – Second
- Art 3D Group - EYFS - First
- Art 3D Group - KS1 - First & Second
- Art 3D Group - KS2 - First
- Textiles Individual – EYFS & KS1 - Jibreel Mu Wahid – First
- Textiles Group - KS2 – Third
- Fashion - EYFS – KS2 – Gabrielle El-Hage - First
- Sketchbook – KS3 & 4 – Emily Cooper – Third
- Drawing – KS3 – Ellie Jenkinson – Second
The Independent Schools Association National Art Competition is held annually. It is a wonderful opportunity for schools in the north to showcase their students’ art, and for teachers to share best practice and ideas. The Northern finals of this year’s competition was held at Greenbank Preparatory School.
The winning entries have now been submitted to the National finals held later this month. We wish them luck in the event.
Daisi Daniels participated in the British Independent Schools Indoor Ski Championship 2017. Daisi continues to show her prowess, winning the under 16 event, and being the fastest female. Eighteen schools participated and there were 220 entries.
The House Point totals for the Autumn first half term in the Upper Prep are:
Saturn: 58, Mercury: 39, Jupiter: 28 and Neptune:19.
Pupil of the Week Certificates were awarded to:
- Nursery - Maya Ghalib & Mariam Mahmood
- Reception - Sami Hussain & Sinan Sayani
- Year 1 - Evie Wallet & Laya Karunandarajah
- Year 2 - Yahya Tahir & Haydar Shazad
- Year 4 - Maxwell White & Christian Cullen
- Year 5 - Zidan Illahi & Aayan Malik
- Year 6 - Peter Ayal-Mullock & Charlotte Mills
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.