Greggs to occupy Riverside unit in spring
Date published: 30 January 2021
The unit next to Boots that Greggs will be occupying
British bakery chain Greggs is next in the line-up to join Rochdale Riverside in 2021.
Announced by Rochdale Borough Council on Wednesday (27 January), the popular eatery will be occupying a 1,000 sq ft unit between the already existing Boots and Reel cinema.
In addition to the usual takeaway offering, once it is safe, indoor and outdoor seating will also be available at the unit.
Specialising in savoury products such as bakes, sausage rolls, sandwiches and sweet items including donuts and vanilla slices, plus an extensive vegan range, Greggs was founded in 1939 by John Gregg.
It will join eateries Heavenly Desserts, Crust, and Loaded Burgers at the leisure and shopping development, which officially opened in Rochdale town centre in April 2020.
Greggs is due to open at Riverside later this year in spring.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Yankee Heaven reopens in Littleborough
- 2Rail community groups' "disappointment" as trains at Castleton and Smithy Bridge set to drop to one...
- 3Concerns raised over Rochdale’s Riverside complex after it emerges the council is liable for rent...
- 4Rochdale eyes new era as ‘centre of manufacturing excellence’ following £23.6m Towns Fund boost
- 558mph in a 30 zone - Speed sting catches reckless drivers