78-year-old woman dies after Kingsway collision
Date published: 13 September 2021
Photo: Google, DigitalGlobe
Kingsway Retail Park
A 78-year-old woman has sadly died after a collision between a car and a tree at Kingsway Retail Park on Friday (10 September).
The woman and an 81-year-old man were in a silver Proton Savvy which collided with a tree on the car park of McDonalds. Emergency services attended and the woman was taken to hospital where she sadly died.
Officers are not looking for anyone else in connection with the collision.
PC Andrew Bennett from GMP's Serious Collision Investigation Unit, said: "This was a tragic incident which has led to the death of an elderly woman and her family are understandably devastated.
"We're not looking for anyone else at this time but if anyone has any information that may assist us with our enquiries, call 0161 856 4741
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing email@example.com
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Grand opening of Russell’s Café
- 2Dawn raids see seven arrests and drugs, combat weapons and cash seized
- 3Controversial plans to build new housing estate on former chemical works site resurrected
- 4Council chief executive uses emergency powers to kick off second phase of flagship regeneration...
- 5150 years young: Rochdale Town Hall marks historic milestone