Karen Danczuk: Queen of overtime
Date published: 11 September 2015
Karen Danczuk on holiday in Spain
Karen Danczuk, the estranged wife of Labour MP for Rochdale, Simon Danczuk, was paid for a staggering 258.5 hours in overtime by the taxpayer between April 2013 and April 2015 whilst working for Mr Danczuk in his constituency office.
As well as working in Mr Danczuk's constituency office, from December 2013, Mrs Danczuk also ran Danczuk's Deli in Rochdale town centre, which subsequently closed earlier this year with Mrs Danczuk now owing thousands in unpaid rent - a County Court Judgment awarded against her remains unpaid.
Until May 2015, the multi-tasking Mrs Danczuk, the self-styled Queen of the selfies (notorious for her cleavage revealing selfies on Twitter), was also a councillor and assistant portfolio holder on Rochdale Council.
Mrs Danczuk is also a mother to two young children.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Woman taken to hospital after falling down an embankment at Hollingworth Lake
- 2George Galloway is now the favourite to win Rochdale by-election, say bookies, after Labour...
- 3Section of Healey Dell bought by Deji Properties in "commitment to preserving nature" as company...
- 4Three Rochdale dads plan epic bike ride in memory of friend
- 5Stage set for grand reopening of Rochdale Town Hall