Former Mayfield star Matty Lees makes England debut
Date published: 20 June 2022
Former Mayfield player Matty Lees, who plays for St Helens
Former Mayfield player Matty Lees made his England debut this weekend in the mid-season international against the Combined Nations All Stars in Warrington.
Prop Lees, 24, who joined St Helens in 2018, was named in the team last week, making his debut in the 18-4 home win on Saturday (18 June).
The Mayfield junior graduate made his first team debut at Wakefield in 2017 before joining the Saints.
Lees was named Super League’s Young Player of the Year in 2019 and also took away the same award at the Saints Awards Dinner in the same year.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Children as young as 10 assaulting security guards, swearing and throwing furniture around...
- 2Eligible pensioners can claim £30 gift voucher for food and essentials
- 3Rochdale man's body recovered in Cumbria after search for missing paddleboarder
- 4Faster broadband speeds on the way for Rochdale
- 5Sugar levy should be spent by councils to tackle physical inactivity and ensure lasting...