Metrolink tram tickets increased by 6%
Date published: 05 January 2018
Tram at Metrolink stop
Metrolink fares in Greater Manchester increased by an average of 6% on Friday (5 January), the first of the increases being phased in over a three year period.
The rise in fares was agreed in September last year by Greater Manchester council leaders.
Other fare changes include:
- Half price off-peak day or weekend Metrolink tickets for 16 to 18-year-olds with a get me there card.
- Children aged 5-16 will pay 50% of the adult fare across the board.
- Special event tickets will rise from £3 to £4.
- A new half price £2 special event ticket for 5 to 18-year-olds.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1"Defining moment" for Rochdale town centre as a further £150M to be invested
- 2Arrests at Rochdale caravan park
- 3Rochdale market to open in August
- 4Castleton to Rochdale town centre to be one of the first new cycling and walking schemes
- 5Degree success for Rochdale student who fled Afghanistan as a child