Lacrosse: Daniel Madeley named in 23-strong final England Men's U21 squad for upcoming World Championships
Date published: 11 June 2022
Rochdale Lacrosse’s Daniel Madeley has been named in the final squad for the England Men’s U21 World Championship final in Ireland in August.
The midfielder forms one of the 23-strong team which now has two months to prepare for the Men’s U21 World Championship.
Daniel was one of the Rochdale players due to play in 2020’s U19 Lacrosse World Championships in Limerick, which was postponed due to the pandemic.
However, World Lacrosse made the decision to rearrange the competition as World U21 event in 2022, with the same cohort of players.
Leading up to the event in August 2022, World Lacrosse asked each representative country to choose one player to be the face of their country for the series of videos – with Rochdale’s own Daniel being chosen to represent England.
The contest will see 23 nations compete, including England, Ireland, and Wales, as well as USA, Canada, and Australia.
Rochdale has a rich history of lacrosse: the Rochdale Lacrosse Club is one of the five oldest clubs in the UK with the sport having been played locally since 1888.
Madeley and two of his club colleagues formed part of the England squad named the champions of the inaugural LAX U20s European Championship in 2019.
Do you have a story for us?
Let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
All contact will be treated in confidence.
Most Viewed News Stories
- 1Mayor and Deputy Mayor of Greater Manchester call for Rochdale grooming gang deportations to be...
- 210 members of M40 gang jailed for 131 years after Rochdale police investigation
- 3Mellor Street Aldi undergoes refurbishment
- 4Quick-thinking schoolboy, 11, praised for 'heroic' actions
- 5Andy Burnham admits he wasn’t forced to introduce Clean Air Zone charges in heated debate