I am pleased to stand for Castleton as a United Kingdom Independence Party UKIP candidate.
I have lived in Castleton for 25 years, married with three children, all educated locally.
My working life has been spent in Engineering within the Defence Sector, having previously been a union representative helping in the workplace and community has been a priority to me.
I am seeking your support by standing for election to represent our community,
I believe we can effectively tackle important local concerns, lack of local amenities and regenerate Castleton to enhance our village for all the community.
I am standing for election because I have the time, commitment and energy to represent the interests of our community.
I believe in personal freedom and genuine democracy that gives local people a real voice in local matters that concern them.
I feel that the time is right in Castleton to make a real change to the village to address many local people’s concerns.
I can assure you that if I am elected, I will put forward a strong presence within Rochdale Council to fight for the very best for everyone in Castleton.
My priorities for Castleton, it’s all about people.
Care for the elderly
• How well we treat and look after older people is a measure of a civilised society.
• Currently far too many are still out of work or in low paid jobs, thorough careers advice and access to relevant education and apprenticeship schemes so we can ensure training for business and jobs.
Local Business Shops
• Local businesses deserve support to help regenerate the area, we have had industry and retail leave our village; Woolworths, Whipp and Bourne and more recently Carcraft.
• We need an integrated plan for Castleton that includes all the existing industrial & retail facilities within our Village at Stakehill, Manchester Road, Royle Road, Nixon Street and Queensway including Gorrels Way.
• I will not support any developments which harm their interests. Building on green belt/green-field sites – I am pleased to say that this is not a popular idea in Castleton.
• I am committed to keeping this as low as possible while providing services for community.
• I would provide best value for money for council tax payers by cutting council costs through competitive tendering for services as employed in private sector.