About me – An independent candidate in the upcoming Rochdale By-Election
Born and raised in Rochdale, I have a deep understanding of the issues facing our community. My educational journey led me through Sacred Heart Primary, St Joseph’s Middle School and finally, Bishop Henshaw High School. At the age of 17, I met my wife, Lindsey and together we've built a life surrounded by our four children while successfully managing our local business, David Tully Ltd, a vehicle repair centre.
My early years were marked by a passion for rugby league, initially playing for Rochdale Mayfield youth and open age sections along with representing Lancashire. I also represented Rochdale Rugby Union and assisted the coaching of their youth section. I support and hold a season ticket for Rochdale AFC.
I am actively involved in charity work supporting causes such as the British Heart Foundation, the MND Association and other local charities such as the SG6 Foundation.
Throughout my life, I have remained connected and dedicated to the wellbeing and growth of the Rochdale community. Committed to principles of integrity, transparency and inclusivity, now as a local lad, it’s my time to step up and find practical solutions for the benefit of our town. I want every voice to be heard and not to leave the decline of our town for our children to deal with.
I must make a stand and YOUR VOTE can make this happen.
- Challenge and advocate for the reinstatement of our Maternity Ward.
- Zero tolerance against speeding motorists across our borough.
- Aid local businesses by advocating for subsidies for operational costs.
- Help create central support and funding for all amateur sports clubs across the borough to empower and inspire our children to be active and improve mental wellbeing.
- Advocate for support and funding to secure the future of Rochdale AFC and Rochdale Hornets.
- Highlight and fight for more support and funding for the running costs of Springhill Hospice and Rochdale Children’s Moorland Home.
- Raise the challenges, financial hurdles and issues being faced daily by people unable to work due to taking care of their loved one’s full time.
- Help, support, and challenge our council to be more accountable and transparent.